Difficulty level: Semi Hard
Learn how to tackle short-answer questions on IELTS listening test. This type of questions is very common, so it’s a good idea to practise them separately and develop your answering techniques. Listen to the recording and try to answer all the given questions:
Write ONLY ONE WORD OR A NUMBER from the dialogue for each answer.
- Of which city with skyscrapers Neil didn’t think? _________________
- Which year did Neil choose? _________________
- For how many years the St Paul’s Cathedral was the tallest building in the city? _________________
- What are the Gherkin, the Cheese Grater and the Walkie Talkie? _________________
- When the building of St Paul’s Cathedral was started? _________________
Practice IELTS listening exercises more and more to improve your listening skills. On the real test, you will hear the recording only once and listening questions get increasingly difficult.
Practising different types of listening questions separately will help you to develop yourself with specific techniques for that kind of questions in the IELTS listening test.
Related IELTS Resources
Take a practice test to find out what is your current weakness in terms of IELTS scale and allow more time to improve your weak spots. The following IELTS resources will help you to develop your skills faster: