Difficulty level: Semi Hard
The following recording is part of a documentary about the issue of advertising to children. As well as being good listening practice, the ideas in the recording are really useful for writing and speaking.
Advertising to children
Listen to the recording and fill the gaps in the summary below:
- Marketers have children in their sights because of their increasing ______ power.
- Children spend money on everything from clothes to music to ______.
- They directly influence the amount of adult ______.
- Marketers have studied the phenomenon of ______.
- Advertisers know that children have a lot of power in the ______.
- Children are bombarded with over 3000 ______ messages every day.
- Companies want to get brand ______ for life.
- They want to convince children that life is about ______.
- They want to turn children into ______ customers.
Practice IELTS listening exercises more and more to improve your listening skills. On the real test, you will hear the recording only once and listening questions get increasingly difficult.
Practising different types of listening questions separately will help you to develop yourself with specific techniques for that kind of questions in the IELTS listening test.
Related IELTS Resources
Take a practice test to find out what is your current weakness in terms of IELTS scale and allow more time to improve your weak spots. The following IELTS resources will help you to develop your skills faster: