Questions 31 – 35
Complete the sentences below
Write ONE WORD ONLY for each answer
31. Indian Railways is owned and
by the government of India.
32. There are more than million people working for Indian Railways
33. The of the railways from 1857 occurred under Robert Maitland Brereton.
34. The joining of the East Indian Railway with the Great Indian Peninsula Railway led to a network of
35. The route from Bombay to Calcutta, opened in 1870, was an
for the book Around the World in 80 days.
Complete the table below
Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS for each answer
|The network radiated inward from (36), Madras, and Calcutta|
|It was not long before various independent kingdoms had their own (37)|
|When the war finished the railways were suffering from (38) and|
|Between 1920 and 1929, the railways had a (39) of around £687 million|
|The rolling stock that was moved to the Middle East included locomotives and (40)|
How many questions did you get right in this listening test? Input it into the IELTS score calculator and see your IELTS listening band scores.
Related IELTS Resources
Take a practice test to find out what is your current weakness in terms of IELTS scale and allow more time to improve your weak spots. The following IELTS resources will help you to develop your skills faster: