Choose the correct letter, A, B, or С.
31. The tomato originally came from
32. The original color of the tomato was
33. The Aztec word for tomato means
- golden apple.
- plump thing.
- small fruit.
34. In the 1500s, people in Spain and Italy
- enjoyed eating tomatoes.
- used tomatoes as ornamental plants.
- made medicine from tomatoes.
35. In the 1600s, the British
- saw tomatoes as poisonous.
- published tomato recipes.
- ate tomato sauce daily.
Complete the timeline with information about the history оf the tomato in the United States.
Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS for each answer.
1806 – Tomatoes were mentioned as food in a (36) .
1809 – Thomas Jefferson (37) at his home in Virginia.
1820 – A man proved that tomatoes were not poisonous by eating them (38) .
1830s – (39) appeared in newspapers and magazines.
1930s – People began to eat (40) .
Related IELTS Resources
Improve your IELTS Score with our sample IELTS practice tests and materials