Choose the correct letter, A, B, or С.
31. The tomato originally came from
32. The original color of the tomato was
33. The Aztec word for tomato means
- golden apple.
- plump thing.
- small fruit.
34. In the 1500s, people in Spain and Italy
- enjoyed eating tomatoes.
- used tomatoes as ornamental plants.
- made medicine from tomatoes.
35. In the 1600s, the British
- saw tomatoes as poisonous.
- published tomato recipes.
- ate tomato sauce daily.
Complete the timeline with information about the history оf the tomato in the United States.
Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS for each answer.
1806 – Tomatoes were mentioned as food in a (36) .
1809 – Thomas Jefferson (37) at his home in Virginia.
1820 – A man proved that tomatoes were not poisonous by eating them (38) .
1830s – (39) appeared in newspapers and magazines.
1930s – People began to eat (40) .
IELTS Listening Test Answers
- Served tomatoes
- In public
- Tomato recipe / tomato recipes
- Raw tomatoes
How many questions did you get right in this listening test? Input it into the IELTS Score Calculator and see your IELTS listening band scores.
Related IELTS Resources
Improve your IELTS Score with our sample IELTS practice tests and materials