IELTS Speaking Test Example
The following questions are the examples of real IELTS Speaking Test:
PART 1 (Interview)
Now, in this first part of the test I’m going to ask you some questions about yourself.
Are you a student or do you work now?
- Why did you choose this course/job?
- Talk about your daily routine.
- Is there anything about your course/job you would like to change?
I’d like to move on and ask you some questions about shopping.
- Who does most of the shopping in your household?
- What type of shopping do you like? (Why?)
- Is shopping a popular activity in your country? (Why/why not?)
- What type of shops do teenagers like best in your country?
Let’s talk about films.
- How often do you go to the cinema?
- What type of films do you like best? (Why?)
- What type of films don’t you like? (Why not?)
PART 2 (Cue Card)
Now, I’m going to give you a topic and I’d like you to talk about it for 1-2 minutes. Before you talk you’ll have one minute to think about what you are going to say and you can make notes if you wish. Do you understand?
Ok, here’s some paper and a pencil to make notes, and here is your topic. I’d like you to describe an important event in your life.
Follow up questions:
- Do you still think about this event often?
- Can the other people involved remember this event?
PART 3 (Discussion)
We’ve been talking about an important event in your life, and I’d now like to ask you some questions related to this.
- What days are important in your country?
- Why it is important to have national celebrations?
- How is the way your national celebrations are celebrated now different from the way they were celebrated in the past?
- Do you think any new national celebrations will come into being in the future?
- Are there any celebrations from other countries that you celebrate in your country?
- What are the benefits of having events that many people around the world are celebrating on the same day?
Thank you. That’s the end of the IELTS Speaking Test.
Related IELTS Resources
Improve your IELTS Score with our sample IELTS practice tests and materials