Oxford IELTS preparation & practice book has two main sections: the Listening and the Speaking. The units and the activities have been numbered separately in each section. You find answers for some activities within the text of the book. Answers for other activities and the Practice Tests are in the Answer Key in Appendix 2. Transcripts for all listening tests and activities are in Appendix 1.
Listening Test Section
The first part of the book works through a practice Listening Test in detail, section by section. The structure of each section is discussed and the type of questions demonstrated. Strategies are suggested for dealing with the various question types as well as for the Listening Test in general. The listening test section gives you:
- an overview of the Listening Test, the form of the instructions and the question types
- a practice Listening Test—Listening Practice Test l.You could do this test first as a test, or you could work through it section by section as set out in Units 2 to 5 of the Listening section of the book.
- three practice Listening Tests, which may be photocopied
- a listening answer sheet, which may be photocopied.
Speaking Test Section
The speaking test section gives you:
- an overview’ of the Speaking Test, the structure of the test and the scoring system
- detailed practice activities for each of the assessment criteria
- six practice Speaking Tests
- five sample Speaking Tests with detailed analysis of the performance of the speakers
- self-assessment sheets, which may be photocopied.
Related IELTS Resources
Take a practice test to find out what is your current weakness in terms of IELTS scale and allow more time to improve your weak spots. The following IELTS resources will help you to develop your skills faster: