Answer the questions below.
Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer.
31. Which elephants stay together all their life?
32. What are elephant family groups known as?
33. When scientists tracked groups of elephants, which feature of behavior did they notice?
34. Which sense do elephants probably use to communicate over long distances?
35. What did American scientists do with a recording of elephant calls?
36. What did the elephants in the experiment rush to find?
37. What were scientists unable to do with the recording they had made?
What does the lecturer say about each type of elephant call?
Choose your answers from the box, and write the letters A–H next to questions 38–40.
A cannot be heard by humans at all
В is usually accompanied by a leg movement
С begins and ends at the same pitch
D is usually accompanied by a nod of the head
E continuously increases in pitch
F is repeated over a long period
G continually fluctuates in volume
38. Greeting ………………..
39. Contact call ………………..
40. Summons to move on ………………..
How many questions did you get right in this listening test? Input it into the IELTS score calculator and see your IELTS listening band scores.
Related IELTS Resources
Take a practice test to find out what is your current weakness in terms of IELTS scale and allow more time to improve your weak spots. The following IELTS resources will help you to develop your skills faster: