Difficulty level: Easy
Listen to the following talk about mistakes to avoid when writing a CV (curriculum vitae = a document that summarises your education and work experience).
Common mistakes when writing a CV:
- Having a ______ CV without a good structure.
- Writing ______, with long paragraphs or sentences, will lose people’s ______.
- It’s often hard to spot your own ______.
- Unexplained gaps in the dates on your CV will raise questions about what you might be ______.
- A gap in the dates could cause an employer to think ______.
Practice IELTS listening exercises more and more to improve your listening skills. On the real test, you will hear the recording only once and listening questions get increasingly difficult.
Practising different types of listening questions separately will help you to develop yourself with specific techniques for that kind of questions in the IELTS listening test.
Related IELTS Resources
Take a practice test to find out what is your current weakness in terms of IELTS scale and allow more time to improve your weak spots. The following IELTS resources will help you to develop your skills faster: